How to make Beetroot Stir Fry / Beetroot Curry / Beetroot Poriyal:
This is an authentic side-dish prepared with beetroots. I prepare this stir fry often in my house and is one of the favorite veggie of my kids. The vibrant purple color of the dish is not only attractive, also it serves as a rich source of potent anti-oxidants and healthy nutrients.
It makes an excellent combo with any kind of South Indian rice varieties.
Try this easy Beetroot Poriyal recipe and enjoy...:)
· Beetroot - 2 or 3
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Split urad dal - ½ tsp
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Onion - ½
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Split moong dal - ¼ cup
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - ½ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ¼ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Grate beetroot to fine slices.
2. Wash and soak moongdal to 20 mins. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a frypan.
4. Splutter mustard seeds.
5. Add urad dal, cumin and saute for few seconds.
6. Add finely chopped green chilly, salt and onion.
7. Fry till transculent.
8. Add pinch of turmeric pwd.
9. Add soaked split moongdal and stir well.
10. Add finely grated beetroot and combine.
11. Sprinkle water and cook covered.
12. Allow to cook for 10 to 12 mins in low medium flame.
13. Add cumin pwd, coriander pwd, garam masala pwd and mix.
14. Turn off flame and sprinkle freshly chopped coriander leaves.
15. Tasty and healthy Beetroot curry is ready.
16. It pairs up excellent with rice dishes, roti and chapathi.
17. We enjoyed it with Bagalabath ( curd rice ) and it tasted absolute yummm…!