How to make Spicy Pumpkin Masala / Pumpkin Recipes
Pumpkin masala is a savory, delicious vegetarian curry, that tastes awesome with Indian flavors. I love this yummy versatile dish.
We know pumpkin is rich in fibre content. It is also very colorful, cheap and easy to cook. It gives a nice, sweet and spicy flavor to the dish.
In this recipe, the diced pumpkin is tempered with spices and cooked with masala. It makes a perfect veggie side dish along with roti, chapatti, paratha or with rice.
Get the recipe of spicy Indian Pumpkin here…:)
· Pumpkin - 1 big piece
· Oil - 1 tbsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Cashewnuts - 4 to 5
· Onion - 1
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Ginger garlic paste - ½ tbsp
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - ½ tsp
· Sugar - ½ tsp
· Besan flour - 1 tbsp
· Fresh coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
1. Dice pumkin to small pieces.
Take oil in a frypan and heat it over medium low heat.
2. Season with mustard, cumin and split urad dal.
3. Add cashewnuts and sauté for a minute.
4. Add chopped onion and fry till transculent.
5. Add turmeric pwd, ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 mins.
6. Add sliced pumpkin pieces and mix well.
7. Add red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, salt and sugar.
8. Stir well and add water.
9. Close it with a lid and cook till pumpkin is tender.
10. In another pan, add a tsp of oil.
11. Add besan flour and roast till golden color.
12. Add roasted besan to pumpkin curry and combine well.
13. Cook stirring, covered for 2 mins or until fragrant.
14. Turn off flame and add finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
15. Spicy Pumpkin Masala ready.
16. It makes an awesome combo with roti, chapati, paratha and with rice varieties.