Green Chutney & Sweet Chutney for Chats :
Today, I am glad to share the colorful and flavorful chat chutney recipes, that is easy & quick to make at home.
The green ( mint ) chutney and sweet ( dates & tamarind ) chutneys drizzled over the chat items like sev poori, bhel poori, dahi vada, samosas, pakoras, fritters and any kind of chat makes a real treat to our taste buds.
Here is how to prepare this lipsmacking chutneys :)
How to Prepare Mint Chutney:
Hari / Green or Mint chutney is prepared with pudina and coriander leaves.
· Mint leaves - 1 cup
· Coriander leaves - ½ cup
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Onion - ½
· Ginger - small piece
· Cumin pwd - 1 tsp
· Chat masala pwd - 1 tsp
· Lemon juice - few drops
· Salt to taste
1. Clean and chop the mint and coriander leaves with stem.
2. Slice onion, ginger and green chilly to fine pieces.
3. Add the chopped leaves, onion, green chilly, ginger, cumin pwd, chat masala, salt to the blender.
4. Add little water and grind to smooth paste.
5. Squeeze few drops of lemon juice to the paste.
6. Mix well with a dry spoon.
7. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated.
8. Enjoy the delicious chutney with samosa or any chat item.
To Prepare Sweet Chutney / Dates & Tamarind Chutney:
Sweet Chutney / Khajur Imli ki chutney is a flavorful chutney prepared with dates, tamarind and jaggery.
· Dates - 12 to 14 nos.
· Tamarind - 1 tbsp tightly packed
· Jaggery - 1 tbsp
· Red chilly pwd - ¾ to 1 tsp
· Chat masala - ¾ tsp
· Jeera / cumin pwd - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste
1. If you’re using seeded dates, remove the seeds and keep aside.
2. Remove seeds and fibre from tamarind.
3. Crumble the jaggery.
4. Pressure cook the dates and tamarind with very little water upto 3 whistles.
5. Cool down and extract a thick juice from tamarind.
6. Grind the dates into smooth paste.
7. Mix the tamarind extract, dates paste and boil in low flame.
8. Add jaggery, water and allow to boil.
9. Add red chilly pwd, cumin pwd and stir.
10. Turn off flame, once the chutney attains thick consistency and sprinkle chat masala pwd.
11. Allow to cool and transfer to a dry, clean jar.
12. Store it in refrigerator and use as required.
13. Yummy Sweet Chutney is ready.
We enjoyed it with Sev Poori chaat. Let me share the easy recipe of Sev Poori in next post.
Till then, have a great time & happy cooking..!