Paruppu Thogayal / Paruppu Thuvaiyal / Dal Chutney / Healthy Thogayal Recipes:
Paruppu Thogayal : For more Video recipes Subscribe here
This is a very simple & healthy Thuvaiyal recipe. My Mil used to make this Paruppu Thogayal with Kara Kuzhambu or Vatral Kuzhambu on holidays. Mmmm…it’s a delectable combination...;))
Also it tastes best when paired with idly & dosa.
This thogayal is almost like chutney, that is in thick consistency. It is made of lentils, spices and coconut.
Try this tasty authentic recipe & enjoy…J
· Toor dal / Thuvaram Paruppu - ½ cup
· Red chilly - 2
· Garlic - 2
· Pepper corns - ½ tsp
· Hing - a pinch
· Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
· Salt to taste
1. Heat ½ tsp oil in a fry pan.
2. Dry roast Toor dal in low flame, until it lets out nice aroma. ( take care not to burn it, else the thogayal tastes bitter.)
3. Take it aside in plate and allow to cool.
4. Now roast red chilly, garlic, peppercorns, hing & grated coconut pieces for few minutes.
5. Allow to cool.
6. Add salt & grind the roasted items in a blender.
7. Sprinkle very less water, so as to retain the thick consistency of the thogayal.
8. Paruppu Thogayal – authentic special dish is ready.
9. It tastes awesome with hot steamed rice or with vathakuzhambu rice .