How to make Poha / Aval Upma / Kande Poha / Spicy Red Poha:
How to make Poha / Aval Upma :
Poha, made from flattened rice, is a popular and easy-to-cook, healthy snack. It is often eaten for breakfast or brunch.
In this recipe, the slightly moistened poha is cooked with lightly frying onion, green chilly and other flavoring spices.
This easily digestible form of raw rice tastes great with garlic chutney and a hot cup of coffee or tea.
So, here goes the easy to make Spicy Poha recipe..:)
· Poha ( Red or white) - 2 cups
· Oil - 2 tsp
· Onion big - 1
· Split green chilly - 1 or 2
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Split urad dal - ½ tsp
· Curry leaves - a few
· Hing - a pinch
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Peanuts - 2 tbsp
· Lemon juice - 2 drops
· Chopped corianderleaves
· Salt to taste
1. Clean and wash poha in water thoroughly.
2. Drain in a colander and set it aside with the moisture.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
4. Temper with mustard, cumin, split urad dal, green chilly, curry leaves and hing.
5. Allow to splutter.
6. Add finely sliced onion and fry till transculent.
7. Add turmeric pwd, salt and mix well.
8. Add peanuts and sauté further for a minute.
9. Now fluff the poha gently with a fork and add it to the pan.
10.Mix well and cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
11.Turn off flame and add few drops of lemon juice and finely chopped coriander leaves.
12.It tastes unbeatable with chutney & a hot cup of coffee or tea.