How to make Paneer Do Pyaza ( dry ) – North Indian Style recipe / Step by Step:
How to make Paneer Do Pyaza ( dry ) For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Today I am going to share a popular restaurant style North Indian recipe, Paneer Do Pyaza...!!
Last week, when I tried gravy version of it, I couldn’t wait to try out this yummy dry version... It came out absolutely delicious and my kids relished it with spicy hot pulao.
In this popular recipe ( I adapted Vahchef’s video ), as the name suggests, the recipe calls for two types of onions ie.big chunks of onions and spring onions .
Paneer Do Pyaza makes an excellent combo with Indian breads like roti, naan, chapathi and also with pulao rice and fried rice.
Try this traditional onion based paneer recipe & Enjoy Cooking !!!
· Paneer - 250 g
· Onions chopped - ¾ cup
· Chopped capsicum - ¼ cup
· Spring Onions chopped - ½ cup
· Corn flour - 3 tbsp
· Maida - 2 tbsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Butter - 1 ½ tbsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Amchur pwd - ½ tsp
· Pepper pwd - ¾ tsp
· Tomato ketchup - 1 tsp
· Chopped coriander leaves
· Oil to shallow fry
· Salt as required
1. Slice onion, spring onions and paneer to fine lengthy pieces.
2. Make a paste of corn flour, maida, ginger garlic paste, ½ tsp red chilly pwd and salt with little water.
3. Dip and coat the paneer pieces in the spice paste well.
4. Allow to sit for some 10 mins.
5. Now heat 2 tbsp of oil in a fry pan.
6. Add the spice coated paneer pieces to the pan.
7. Sauté and cook until they’re golden brown on both sides. ( take care not to over cook paneer, as they tend to turn hard )
8. Remove the fried paneer to a plate.
9. Now in the same pan, add little butter.
10. Add coriander pwd , amchur pwd, ½ tsp red chilly pwd, pepper pwd, salt and ½ tsp ginger garlic paste.
11. Keep the flame in low and sauté the spices for a minute.
12. Add finely chopped coriander leaves..
13. Add finely chopped onions.
14. Toss them and add chopped spring onions too.
15. Add tomato ketchup and mix well. ( optional )
16. Now add fried paneer pieces.
17. Give a quick stir and remove from heat.
18. Delicious Paneer Do Pyaza is ready to serve..!