How to make Thuthuvalai Kuzhambu / Spinach Gravy / Healthy Recipes:
Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Thuthuvalai Kuzhambu / Spinach gravy is one among the very nutritious food, which has a rich content of iron & calcium.
Thuthuvalai leaves has a very good nutitional values. It is good for liver, asthma & cancer treatment. It is good to reduce cough, body pain and cold. It helps in prevention of blood thickening & helps in long life existence.
Simply including this healthy leaves in our daily food, keeps us healthy & fit.
Check this authentic recipe to prepare delicious Thuthuvalai Kuzhambu & enjoy..:)
· Thuthuvalai Keerai - 1 cup
· Tamarind - a small lemon size
· Onion - 1
· Garlic - 5 pods
· Red chilly - 2
· Pepper corns - 1 tsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Oil - 4 to 5 tsp
· Salt as required
1. Wash and chop Thuthuvalai keerai to small pieces.
2. Soak tamarind in ½ cup of water and extract thick juice from it.
3. Slice onion and garlic to fine pieces.
4. In a blender, add the chopped thuthuvalai leaves, red chilly and pepper corns,
5. Sprinkle very little water and grind to coarse paste.
6. Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadhai.
7. Add sliced onion and garlic.
8. Fry for few minutes, until onions turns light brown.
9. Add chopped tomato and fry till it is soft and mushy.
10. Now pour the thick tamarind juice to the kadhai.
11. Add turmeric pwd and salt.
12. Mix well and allow the kuzhambu to cook for few minutes in low flame.
13. Once the kuzhambu attains thick consistency, add the thuthuvalai, red chilly, pepper paste ( step 5)
14. Stir well and allow to boil.
15. In a small pan, heat a tsp of oil.
16. Temper with mustard and cumin seeds.
17. Pour the tempering over the spicy kuzhambu.
18. Healthy & tasty Thuthuvali Kuzhambu is ready to serve.
19. It pairs up excellent with piping hot rice topped with ghee or with chapathi..!
· Pirandai Thuvaiyal