How to make Spicy Fried Anchovies / Nethili Varuval / Spicy Anchovies / Anchovies Recipes / step by step:
SpicyAnchovies: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today’s recipe is Spicy fried Anchovies. Spicy & delicious Anchovies was really an addictive dish among seafood lovers.!!
This is one of my favorite recipe. I love anchovies & I love them deep-fried, crunchy & extra salty.
I made this last week and it was really delicious. Its also very easy to make, usually under 15 mins. We had this as a side dish with fragrant coconut milk rice.
Here’s a simple way to make fried and spicy special Anchovies..!
· Dried Anchovies - 2 cups
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 ½ tsp
· Salt - as required
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Curry leaves - 8 to 10
1. Clean the dried anchovies.
2. Soak them in warm water for at least 30 mins.
3. Wash well with cold water three times.
4. Drain completely on paper towel or dry till they’re completely dry.
5. Add turmeric pwd and red chilly pwd to it.
6. Dried anchovies can be very salty, so add very lttle salt.
7. Mix well and set aside for 10 mins.
8. Heat cooking oil in a fry pan.
9. Lower heat and add the fresh curry leaves.
10. Toss for few seconds.
11. Add the marinated anchovies and increase the heat for one minute.
12. Lower heat and keep stirring gently, once a while.
13. Drizzle oil to the sides and fry until almost crispy & brown.
14. Turn off heat and wait till it slightly cools down.
15. Crunchy & spicy anchovies are ready..!
16. Serve with steamed rice and other dishes, it will sure be a hit !
17. It can be stored in air-tight containers for upto 2 to 3 days.