How to make Peas Pulao / Matar Pulao / Pattani Sadham / Easy Pulao Recipes:
Peas Pulao: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Fresh Green Peas Pulao is a quick one pot meal and its so flavorful !! This is one of my favorite recipes. It tastes divine when served with any hot and spicy curries.
The recipe is very easy and can be prepared within few minutes. A pulao can often make a complete meal by itself. The fresh peas added to this aromatic pulao are a rich source of protein and vitamin B 12.
Here’s the simple & delicious Peas Pulao recipe, you can try at home..! Happy cooking..:)
· Basmati rice - 1 cup
· Peas - ½ cup
· Oil - 1 ½ tbsp
· Ghee - 1 tbsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Cinnamon - ½ inch piece
· Cloves - 2 to 3
· Marathi moggu - 1
· Bay leaf - 1
· Onions chopped - 2
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Green chilly - 1
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Fresh mint & coriander leaves
· Salt as required
1. Wash and rinse basmati rice well. Pre-soak in water for 10 mins.
2. Drain water and set aside.
3. Heat oil, ghee in a kadai / fry pan.
4. Add cumin, cinnamon, cloves, Marathi moggu, bay leaf & star anise.
5. Saute for a few seconds and add ginger garlic paste & salt.
6. Sauté further until the raw smell disappears.
7. Add finely chopped onions and toss till it turns light brown color.
8. Now add freshly chopped mint leaves, coriander leaves and slit green chillies.
9. Sauté until the mint leaves combine together with onions.
10. Add green peas, garam masala pwd and give a quick stir in medium flame.
11. Add soaked rice and sauté gently until the water evaporates.
12. Add water and transfer it to pressure cooker.
13. Cook for 3 whistles and simmer for 4 to 5 mins.
14. Once the pressure turns off, open the cooker.
15. Yummy Peas Pulao ready to serve..!
16. Fluff the rice gently with a fork and serve hot.
17. It pairs up best with any gravy like mutter paneer masala, butter chicken masala, cashew masala etc.