How to make Paneer Do Pyaza / ( Gravy ) / Restaurant Style Recipe / Tasty Paneer Recipes:
Paneer Do Pyaza Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Paneer Do Pyaza is an excellent rich curry with luscious Paneer / cottage cheese and onion.
“ Do “ means two & " Pyaza " means onion. The name implies, double the quantity of onions are used to prepare this delicious gravy. Also, another theory is there ie. the onions are used in two different forms – fried and raw. The fried onions are slowly cooked in the gravy, enhancing the flavor and the raw onions are added toward the end to boost the taste of this appealing dish.
Making restaurant style Paneer do pyaza at home is very easy, once you're ready with the exact steps and mixing proportion of the simple ingredients.
This popular dish makes a perfect menu for any occasion and can be served with parathas or rice..!
Try this easy and quick method to make the delicious recipe of Paneer Do Pyaza…:)
To Marinate Paneer:
· Corn flour - 1 ½ tbsp
· Maida flour - 2 tbsp
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
· Paneer - 250 g
To Prepare Gravy:
· Oil - 3 tbsp
· Shahi jeera / cumin - ½ tsp
· Onions - 2 or 3
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Red chilly pwd - ¾ tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Tomato big - 1
· Capsicum small - 1
· Kasoori methi leaves - 1 tbsp
· Cashew nuts - 8
· Fresh cream - 1 tbsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
To Fry Paneer:
1. Take corn flour, maida flour, red chilly pwd, ginger garlic paste and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Add very little water and make a fine paste out of it.
3. Slice paneer to lengthwise pieces.
4. Coat paneer and let it rest for 5 to 10 mins.
5. Heat oil in a fry pan.
6. Put the coated paneer in the hot pan.
7. Sauté until it gets slight color. ( keep the flame in low, or else the paneer may turn hard )
8. Take it aside and reserve.
To make Gravy:
9. Heat 2 to 3 tbsp of oil in a fry pan.
10. Add shahi jeera and wait to crackle.
11. Add finely chopped onions and salt.
12. Cook onion in low flame for 5 mins and light brown in color.
13. Add ginger garlic paste, slit green chilly and cook till raw smell disappears.
14. Add red chilly pwd and coriander pwd.
15. Add 1/2 cup of water and combine. ( take care the masala doesn’t burn )
16. Chop tomato and bell pepper to fine slices.
17. Put them in a blender and grind to fine paste.
18. Add the tomato-capsicum paste and mix thoroughly. ( it gives rich flavor )
19. Let this mixture cook for 5 to 6 mins, so that the tomatoes get cooked and oil oozes out slightly on the side.
20. Add little water and mix well to desired consistency.
21. The delicious gravy is ready.
22. Now add cubes of onion and mix well.
23. Add crushed kasoori methi / fenugreek leaves.
24. Add fresh cream to the gravy. It helps to get nice color and creamy texture of the gravy.
25. Add cashew nuts to blender and crush them to coarse pwd.
26. Take it aside.
27. Sprinkle the crushed cashew nut pwd to the gravy and combine.
28. Finally, add the fried paneer pieces.
29. Remove from flame and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves