Easy Dal Tadka Recipe:
Spicy & tasty Dal Tadka is a speciality of Punjabi cuisine, generally served with pipping hot rice or rotis. My favorite combo is with Hot Pulka.
Traditionally, Dal Tadka is made with yellow lentis or combination of lentils and tempered with simple spices. This recipe is the most simplest form of dal fry and is quite easy to prepare.
Try this yummy and simple way to cook Dal Tadka and delight your loved ones..:)
· Toor dal - 1 ½ cup
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Asafetida / hing - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Chopped garlic - 2 tsp
· Oil - 4 tsp
· Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
· Red chilly - 2
· Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
· Curry leaves - a twig
· Coriander leaves for garnishing
· Salt to taste
1. Wash & soak toor dal for about 10 mins.
2. Pressure cook by adding a pinch of hing and turmeric pwd.
3. Cooked dal should be really soft.
4. Heat a tsp of oil in a fry pan.
5. Add the cooked dal and sauté for a minute.
6. To this add red chilly pwd, salt and garam masala pwd.
7. Add ½ cup of water and adjust the thickness of the dal, as needed.
8. Stir well and allow to boil for another 3 to 4 mins in low medium flame.
9. Turn off flame.
10. In a small pan, heat 2 to 3 tsp of oil.
11. Season it with garlic, mustard seeds, cumin. curry leaves and red chilly
12. Pour it over dal mixture.
13. Combine well.
14. Garnish with coriander leaves.
15. Add some lime juice and mix.
16. Yummy & delicious Dal Tadka is ready .
17. We enjoyed this dal with rice topped with ghee. Also it pairs excellent with fresh rotis, phulkas, chapathi etc..!!