How to make Dal Paratha – Dal Paratha Recipe / Indian Paratha Recipes
Dal Paratha Recipe : Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today, I would like to put up Dal Parathas, which turned out very tasty when I tried it out recently.
Daal Paratha is a healthy Indian flat bread that is wholesome and nutritious. It is prepared with spiced yellow lentil and wheat flour. You can make this really spicy or keep them mild by adjusting the spices.
It serves as a delicious, healthy breakfast snack along with yoghurt, pickle, spicy curry or chutney of your choice.
So why don’t you give it a shot & enjoy..!
· Wheat flour - 2 cup
· Ajwain - ½ tsp
· Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Oil to cook
1. Prepare Dal Tadka and keep ready.
2. Take wheat flour in a mixing bowl.
3. Add ajwain / carom seeds, black pepper pwd, garam masala, cumin, red chilly pwd and salt.
4. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
5. Now add Dal Tadka, little by little.
6. Mix well and knead to smooth & soft dough.
7. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and allow it to rest for 5 to 10 mins.
8. Divide the dough to equal balls.
9. Flatten a ball and dust it with wheat flour.
10. Roll it to flat roti.
11. Apply oil gently over the surface. ( this helps to keep the parathas soft )
12. Fold it as shown in the pic.
13. And flatten it once again.
14. Dust it in wheat flour.
15. Roll it again to flat disc.
16. Heat a skillet and cook paratha over it.
17. Drizzle oil or ghee to the sides of the paratha
18. Once golden spots appear on both sides, remove from flame.
19. Nutritous & tasty Dal Paratha is ready to serve.
20. Enjoy it with your favorite side dish or with pickle, raitha, chutney or with any spicy curry of your choice.