How to make Dal Fry / Spicy Dal Fry Recipe / Step-by-Step:Spicy Dal Fry Recipe: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Dal Fry is a popular recipe of North Indian cuisine. This simple, very healthy and nutritious dal fry is very flavorful and makes a perfect accompaniment for rice or rotis.
In this recipe, four different lentils are added, which makes the dish very nutritive and to enrich its taste, it is tempered with various spices.
Try this excellent Dal Fry recipe and share your views..:)
· Yellow Toor Dal - ½ cup ( pigeon peas )
· Yellow Moong Dal - `/4 cup ( paasi paruppu )
· Channa dal - 1/8 cup ( Bengal gram dal )
· Masoor dal - 1/8 cup ( split lentils)
· Oil / butter - 4 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Split urad dal - ½ tsp
· Curry leaves - 5 to 6
· Onion - 1
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Garlic - 4 to 5
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - ¾ tsp
· Tomato big - 1
· Kasoori methi - 1 tsp
· Fresh coriander elaves
· Salt to taste
1. Wash the dals together and soak them in 3 cups of water for 30 mins.
2. Pressure cook till it is very soft.
3. Heat 3 to 4 tsp oil in a kadai / frypan.
4. Add mustard, cumin seeds, split urad dal and curry leaves.
5. When it starts to crackle, add hing.
6. Add finely chopped onions and fry till it turns transculent.
7. Add chopped green chilly, turmeric pwd and grated garlic to it.
8. Sauté further for a minute.
9. Add chopped tomato, saute and cook covered until tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
10. Cook for one more minute.
11. Stir well to ensure the masala doesn't stick to the bottom of kadai.
12. Once, the tomatoes are cooked and mashed up with onion, add the cooked dals.
13. Let it cook in low flame for another 2 minutes.
14. Add coriander pwd, cumin pwd, red chilly pwd, salt and mix well.
15. Combine well.
16. Allow to boil for a minute.
17. Finally, add the crushed dry methi / kasoori methi leaves.
18. Stir and cook for 3 to 4 mins.
19. Turn off flame.
20. Garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
21. Enjoy the awesome aroma of Dal fry filling up your kitchen.
22. It serves excellent with jeera rice, parathas , chapatti, rotis, plain rice or just as it is..!!