Chicken Tikka Recipe:
Chicken Tikka is a traditional and very popular Indian Chicken dish which is bursting full of flavor & colour.
The word ‘Tikka” means bits, pieces or chunks. In this easy-to-cook dish, chicken chunks are marinated in special spices & yoghurt and grilled on skewers till it is brown & tender.
Try this easy Chicken Tikka recipe & do let us know how it turned out to be..:)
· Boneless Chicken - 300 g
· Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
· Kashmiri red chilly pwd - ¾ tsp
· Lemon juice - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste
To prepare Second Marinade:
· Cooking oil - 3 to 4 tbsp
· Gram / besan flour (kadalai maavu - 2 tbsp
· Yoghurt - 1 cup
· Kashmiri red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Salt as required
1. Chop boneless chicken to uniform cubes.
2. Prepare marinade with ginger garlic paste, kashmiri red chilly pwd, salt and lemon juice.
3. Dip the chicken pieces in marinade, mix well.
4. Keep it aside for 1 to 2 hrs.
5. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a fry pan.
6. Add ajwain / tymol seeds and gram flour.
7. Keep the flame in low and sauté for few minutes, till rich aroma arise. ( take care the gram flour doesn’t get burnt )
8. Turn off flame.
9. Add it to a bowl containing yoghurt.
10.Mix well and add kashmiri red chilly pwd, ginger garlic paste, salt , turmeric pwd and garam masala pwd.
11.whisk thoroughly the yoghurd mixture with a beater until it turns to smooth paste.
12.Add 1 to 2 tbsp of cooking oil to it and combine.
13.Add the marinated chicken pieces to the mixture.
14.Let it rest for 2 to 3 hrs.
15.Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 15 to 20 mins. ( to avoid getting burnt )
16.Thread the marinated chicken pieces onto the skewer one by one and keep ready.
17.Pre-heat your oven or grill to a medium high temperature (200 C / 400 F)
18.Place the skewers on the grill racks in your oven with a tray underneath to collect the drippings.
19. Roast the chicken until it is browned on all sides and tender.
20. Check if the chicken is cooked and grill for 10 mins, by smearing oil to the surface.
21. Delicious Chicken Tikka is ready.
22. Serve hot with onion rings & lemon slices garnishing..:)