How to make Chettinad Pepper Chicken Masala / Karaikudi Chicken / Restaurant Style Recipe:
Chettinad Pepper Chicken Masala :Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
We love Chettinad food...!!! Yesterday, I made Chettinad Pepper Chicken Masala - a quick, spicy & aromatic chicken curry for dinner & it was a hit. The gravy was very peppery and flavorful. I just loved the color of the masala.
It made a fabulous combination with parottas. Also it goes well with flavored rice, plain cooked rice, chapathi, roti etc., .
Here is the hot and delicious flavorful chicken masala recipe form Chettinad cuisine.:)
· Chicken - 300 g
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Lemon juice - ¼ tsp
· Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
To Prepare Masala:
· Onion - 2
· Tomato - 2
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Saunf - ¼ tsp
· Cloves - 2
· Cinnamon - a ½ inch piece
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Fresh cilantro leaves - ½ cup
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Crushed pepper pwd - ½ tsp
· Yoghurt - ¼ cup
· Lemon juice - a few drops
· Salt as required
1. Clean, wash and marinate the chicken for 30 mins with red chilly pwd, turmeric pwd, pepper pwd, salt and lemon juice.
2. Pour 3 tbsp of cooking oil to a fry pan.
3. Add cumin, saunf, cloves, cinnamon, mustard and wait to splutter.
4. Add finely chopped onions and sauté well.
5. Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, pepper pwd and stir well for 2 mins.
6. Add coriander pwd and finely chopped cilantro leaves
7. Cook further for few minutes.
8. Add tomato slices and smash it well.
9. Add ½ cup of water to the masala and close the fry pan.
10.Allow it to cook for 5 to 7 mins in a medium flame.
11.Then add the marinated chicken pieces to the masala and sauté it well.
12.Add salt as required.
13.Add thick yoghurd and stir well.
14.Close the fry pan and allow chicken to cook for 10 to 15 mins in medium flame.
15.Keep stirring once in a while, so that the masala doesn’t get stick to the bottom.
16.When the chicken is cooked, add the crushed pepper, garam masala pwd lemon juice to it.
17.Switch off the flame.
18.Garnish the hot & spicy Pepper Chicken Masala with fresh coriander leaves.
19. This delectable dish from Chettinad Cuisine is a great treat for spice lovers and it pairs up excellent with parathas or steamed rice..!
Have a great day..!!
· Murgh Kali Mirch