Sweet Potato Cutlets / How to make Green Chutney for Chats / Step by Step
I wish to thank all of those, who took time to seek me out and send me their condolences on the death of my Grandmother. My grandma lived a long, full life. Although her passing is a sad milestone for us. Your kindness and compassion mean a great deal to us.
Once again thank you for your support during this difficult time...
Today, I am going to share with you yet another popular Indian appetizer, Sweet Potato cutlet.
It is one of the easy & quick to prepare healthy evening snack.
We know sweet potatoes are low in sodium and are a very good source of fibre, complex carbohydrates, proteins, calcium and vitamins. It makes a healthier alternative to potatoes.
This sweet & savory sweet potato cutlets are prepared with some spices and chillies, giving it a spicy kick. It tastes divine with a combo of green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Prepare Sweet Potato Cutlets by following this easy recipe at your home and enjoy..
· Sweet potatoes - 2 or 3
· Finely chopped carrot - 1
· Green chilly chopped - 1
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - ½ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Chat masala pwd - ¼ tsp
· Sesame seeds - 2 tbsp
· Bread crumbs for rolling
· Chopped fresh coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
· Oil to fry
1. Wash sweet potatoes thoroughly and boil.
2. Take care not to boil too much. It should be just soft to touch.
3. Remove their skin and mash.
4. Add vegetables, spices and coriander leaves.
5. Add bread crumbs and mash thoroughly.
6. Roll it to flat disc.
7. Cut it to desired shape and toss it nicely in the bread crumbs and in sesame seeds.
8. Press so that these stick to the surface.
9. Sesame seeds add a special nutty flavor to theses cutlets.
10.Heat a pan with some oil.
11.Shallow fry the cutlets in hot oil till golden brown.
12.If you want , you can also deep fry the cutlets.
13.Serve hot with any dip of your choice.
14.My kids love to taste it with green chutney.
15.They tasted super delicious with a concoction of hot, sweet and spicy taste.
How to prepare Green ( Hari ) Chutney:
Green Chutney recipe is easy & quick to prepare. A must have in the kitchen and this tastes yum with any kind of chats, dhoklas or pakoras.
Lets see how to prepare this tasty chutney in moments in the blender..!
· Chopped mint leaves - 1 cup
· Chopped coriander leaves - 1 cup
· Chopped ginger - small piece
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Sugar - 1 tsp
· Lemon juice - few drops
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and chop finely fresh mint and coriander leaves.
2. In a blender, add chopped giner and green chilly.
3. Grind it coarsely .
4. Now add mint, coriander leaves, salt, sugar ( helps retaining the natural color ), to the blender.
5. Add very little water and blend it into a smooth paste.
6. Transfer the chutney to a serving bowl.
7. Squeeze few drops of lemon juice.
8. Healthy green chutney ready with awesome flavor.
9. Store it in air tight container.
10.It can be used is a dip for most of the dry Indian snacks.