How to make Yam Fry / Senai Kizhangu Roast / Elephant Yam Fry / step by step recipe:
Senai Kizhangu Roast
Elephant Yam Fry or Senai Kizhangu Varuval is one of my absolute favorite dish. My mom makes this Yam fry quite regularly with a combo of hot onion sambar rice. It tastes so divine and irresistible..;)
Check out this easy to prepare and tasty vegetable fry recipe..:)
· Eleplant Yam / Senai Kizhangu - ½
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Pepper pwd - ¼ tsp
· Tamarind - 1 ½ tbsp thick extract
· Saunf pwd - ¼ tsp
· Sambar pwd - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Oil to fry
1. Peel off the skin of the yam and wash thoroughly.
2. Slice it into thick pieces of desired shape.
3. Cook till it is three-fourth done.
4. Drain the water.
5. Spread the boiled yam in a plate and let it rest for some 10 minutes.
6. Make a paste of turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, perpper pwd, tamarind thick extract, saunf pwd, sambar pwd and salt.
7. Dip the yam pieces in the spice paste and coat it well.
8. Heat a non-stick pan, drizzle over some oil.
9. Place the yam and cook in medium flame until golden brown spots appear.
10.Flip and cook similarly.
11.Delicious Yam Fry ready.