How to make Ragi Dosa / Instant Ragi Dosa Recipe / How to make Red Chutney ( Kara Chutney )
Instant Ragi Dosa Recipe: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Ragi Dosa is a traditional and mouth-wateing recipe of South India, that tingles our taste buds. This dosa serve as a healthy breakfast or snack menu..!
This nutritious recipe is very easy to prepare at home & is easy to digest as well. We know Ragi is rich in calcium, fiber, protein, iron and other minerals. It is a low fat cereal and most of the fats are in the unsaturated form.
Here is the healthy version of Ragi Dosa recipe that doesn’t compromise on taste..:)
· Ragi flour / Finger millet flour - 1 cup
· Wheat flour - ½ cup
· Chopped onion - ½ cup
· green chilly - 1
· curry leaves - 7 to 8
· cumin - 1 tsp
· butter milk or water - as needed
· coriander leaves
· salt to taste
1. In a mixing bowl, take ragi flour, wheat flour, chopped onions, green chilly , curry leaves, coriander leaves, cumin and salt.
2. Mix well and add enough water or butter milk to form a batter of thin pouring consistency.
3. Heat a dosa pan ( preferably non-stick pan)
4. Grease it lightly with oil.
5. When hot, pour a ladleful of the batter, spread using a circular motion to make a thin dosa.
6. Drizzle oil along the edges while cooking.
7. Flip it over and cook on other side in medium flame.
8. When crispy, fold over and serve hot.
9. Repeat with the remaining batter to make more dosas.
10.Healthy & tasty Ragi Dosa ready.
11.It makes an excellent combo with tangy, hot red chutney, green chutney , coconut chutney or milagai podi.
Lets see how to prepare the very tasty Kara Chutney or Red Chutney, that your family will love..:)
· Red chilly - 4 or 5
· Tamarind - a small ball
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ¼ tsp
· Urad dal - ½ tsp
· Curry leaves - a few
· Onion chopped - 1 ½ tbsp
· Salt to taste
1. In a blender, take red chillies, tamarind and salt.
2. Add little water and grind to smooth paste.
3. Transfer to serving bowl.
4. Heat oil in a small fry pan.
5. Temper with mustard, cumin, urad dal, curry leaves.
6. Add finely chopped onion to it and fry till transculent.
7. Add this to the freshly ground red chutney.
8. Mix well.
9. Hot and tangy Red Chutney is ready.
10. Enjoy with crispy Ragi Dosas, Rava dosa, Wheat dosa or with any other Dosa Varieties.