Indian Black Pepper Chicken:
Murgh Kali Mirch ( Chicken with black pepper ) is a very famous & tasty recipe of Punjabi Cuisine. The star ingredient of this recipe is freshly ground Kali Mirch or coarse black peppercorn. Adding pepper pwd gives a nice flavor to the curry.
This pepper chicken recipe is very easy & quick to cook at home. And it consumes less oil only.
This can be served as starter or snack with drinks. This also makes a perfect combo with biryani & other rice varieties.
Try this hot black pepper flavored Murg Kali Mirch recipe & enjoy..!
· Chicken - ½ kg chicken
· Oil - 2 to 3 tbsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Onions sliced - ½ cup
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander leaves - handful
· Fresh lime juice - few drops
· Salt to taste
1. Clean, wash and chop chicken to bite sized pieces.
2. Heat up oil in a non-stick pan / kadhai.
3. Mix in cumin and chopped onion slices.
4. Stir fry on medium heat up till onions are light brown.
5. Add ginger garlic paste and stir fry for a minute.
6. Now add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, coriander leaves and salt.
7. Stir fry till oil leaves the sides.
8. Add one cup of water and mix in.
9. Add chicken pieces and combine in the masala.
10.Stir fry covered, stirring occasionally.
11.Cook it covered on low flame till the oil separates on the sides of the pan and the chicken is cooked. ( about 12 to 15 mins )
12.Adjust the salt and toss well.
13.Turn off flame and sprinkle freshly ground black pepper pwd.
14.Garnish with chopped cilantro & squeeze fresh lemon juice..!