How to make Masala Fish Fry / South Indian Fish Fry recipe / easy step by step :
Spicy Fish Fry Recipe:
Fish Fry is loved by almost all non-vegetarians..!! Today, I am going to share with you a spicy Fish Fry recipe that is easy to make, yet very tasty..!!!
In this recipe, the freshly ground special masala applied for marinating gives the authentic taste. Also this makes a tasty dish, to prepare on special occasions
We enjoyed thoroughty this superb fish fry with hot rasam rice..:)
· Fish ( pomfret, seer or any fish) - 6 to 8 pieces
· Onion - ½
· Ginger - small piece
· Garlic - 2 or 3
· Cinnamon - a small piece
· Cloves - 2
· Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Pepper corns - ½ tsp
· Fennel seeds - ¼ tsp
· Salt to tase
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Lemon juice - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste.
· Oil to fry
1. Make a coarse paste of onion, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, coriander seeds, cumin, pepper and fennel seeds, without adding water.
2. Clean and wash the fish well and drain water completely.
3. Marinate the fish with turmeric pwd, red chillypwd, salt and lemon juice.
4. Leave it for about 30 minutes for marination.
5. Then apply the masala paste prepared in step 1 and marinate for 10 more minutes.
6. Heat a dosa girdle ( preferably non-stick )
7. Add the masala coated fish pieces and drizzle oil to sides.
8. Use high flame initially and low flame to cook.
9. Fry the fish on both sides till it turns golden brown and crispy from outside.
10. Serve with finely sliced onions and lime.
11. Delicious & spicy Fish Fry ready to relish.
12. It makes a lipsmacking combo with hot steamed rice.
· I have used small size seer fish in this recipe, any fish variety like trout, pomfret etc., can be used.
· You can also deep fry the fish.
· This is a spicy dish, adjust the red chilly pwd, if you need to..:)