Chicken Leg Fry
Spicy Drumstick Chicken Fry is an Indian food recipe that is easy to prepare & is a favorite for generations. You can play around with the spices of your choice for added flavor.
This is my family favorite & so simple to prepare. I first got the recipe from a friend who was excellent in preparing Chicken dishes. I tried this dish last week and it just came out superb!
Try this Southernish deep-fried Chicken recipe, this is sure to please your family..:)
· Chicken legs - 3 or 4
· Red chilly pwd - 2 tsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Lemon juice - 2 tsp
· Thick Yoghurt - 2 tbsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Red food color - a pinch
· Oil to fry
· Salt to taste
· Curry leaves, onion & lemon slices for garnishing
1. Clean and wash the Chicken legs.
2. Make small slits on each leg piece.(around 4-5 slits for each piece)
3. In a mixing bowl, add red chilly pwd, turmeric pwd, salt and lemon juice.
4. Mix well into a paste.
5. Coat the chicken pieces well with this paste.
6. In another bowl, add yoghurt, ginger garlic paste, pepper pwd, cumin pwd, coriander pwd, red food color (optional) and 2 tsp oil.
7. Stir well to smooth paste.
8. Generously cover the chicken pieces with this masala mixture.
9. Refrigerate and allow to marinate overnight or atleast 3 to 4 hrs.
10. Heat oil in a fry pan.
11. Add the marinated chicken pieces to the hot oil.
12. Keep the flame in medium and fry.
13. Deep fry them by turning the pieces at regular intervals so that the chicken gets cooked evenly with crisp outside.
14. Once the chicken is done, drain them in kitchen tissue.
15. Garnish with fried curry leaves and serve warm with onion slices & lemon wedges.
16. Tasty & delicious Chicken Leg Fry is ready.!