How to make Puri / Indian Poori Recipe / Easy Step-by-Step Recipe:
How to make Fluffy Poori:
Poori or deep fried Indian Bread is very famous in India and is commonly enjoyed during breakfast or at snack time or also taken as a light meal..!
It is a favorite dish of all age groups equally. It makes an awesome combo with aloo masala. Preparing this soft & fluffy poori at home is very easy and also gives you the same delicious taste like restaurant.
Try this simple recipe and enjoy ..:)
·Wheat flour - 1 cup
·Sugar - ½ tsp
·Water - ¼ cup or as needed
·Rava / Sooji - ½ tsp
·Salt to taste
1. Take flour, salt, rava and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
2. Add water little by little by kneading the flour to a crumbly mix.
3. Continue sprinkling water and knead until the dough comes to soft pliable consistency.
4. You can also add 1 tsp of hot oil and knead until smooth.
5. Make small balls out of the dough.
6. Roll it out into small circles with thin medium thickness.
7. Heat oil in kadai, for deep frying. ( the oil should be hot but not too hot, that it smokes)
8. If you drop a small piece of dough into oil, it should fry up immediately and come to the surface.
9. Make sure the oil in the kadai is enough to immerse the puri.
10. Now keep the flame in medium and drop the rolled poori in the oil gently.
11. While the poori is slowly coming to the surface, press it gently with the laddle.
12. This helps the poori to puff up.
13. Turn it so that it gets evenly golden brown spots.
14. Remove from flame.
15. Place it on paper towel to drain off any oil.
16. Hot fluffy pooris are ready.
17. It makes an excellent combo with aloo masala. ( click here to view the easy preparation of Aloo Masala )
18. Serve crispy golden Poori with masala or any favorite side dish & enjoy..:)