Potato Wedges :
Potato Wedges are certainly a wonderful appetizer and makes a refreshing change from French Fries.
This crusty and delicious restaurant style Potato Wedges recipe is easy to prepare at home. I made these last week and they were excellent ! They had lots of spicy flavor ! My kids loved them and they made a tasty crunchy side dish, along with our favorite burgers.
Try this all-star, easy-to-follow simple recipe & enjoy..!
· Potatoes medium sized - 3 or 4
· All purpose flour - ½ cup
· Red chilly flakes - 1 tsp
· Dried mixed herbs - 1 tsp
· Chat masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Oil for deep frying
1. Wash potatoes very well and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
2. Slice them into half first, then slice each half lengthwise, into 4 equally sized wedges, so they cook uniformly.
3. Boil 3 to 4 cups of water in a pan until it is very hot.
4. Add the potato slices & ½ tsp of salt to the hot water .
5. Cover and cook until the potatoes are three-fourth done.
6. Meanwhile, lets prepare the flour mixture to coat the potato wedges.
7. In a bowl, take all purpose flour, red chilly flakes, dried mixed herbs (available at Indian stores), chat masala pwd and salt.
8. Mix it very well.
9. Now strain the ¾ th cooked potatoes from hot water using a strainer.
10. Drop it in a kitchen towel, allow to cool and pat it dry thoroughly.
11. Toss the pototo slices in the spicy flour mixture meticulously, to coat them evenly.
12. Heat oil in a fry pan.
13. Drop the coated potato slices in hot oil and deep fry them
14. Keep the flame in medium and stir once in a while.
15. Once the potato wedges are well browned, crusty edged and cooked tender, drain them in tissue paper.
16. Yummy Potato Wedges are ready.
17. Serve immediately , sprinkled with little more salt & pepper pwd, if desired.