How to make Paruppu Podi at home / Paruppu Podi Recipe / Lentils Spice Powder :Like us on Youtube for Video Recipes
How to make Paruppu Podi at home:
Paruppu Podi is my favorite podi and it makes a quick n hearty meal, when mixed with hot steaming rice and a dollop of ghee..!!
Even though, Instant rice mixes are available at shops, the home made recipes are more flavorful and nutritious, as it is preservative-free..!
Try this simple, tasty & spicy Paruppu Podi recipe and share your comments..:)
· Toor dal - 1 cup
· Fried gram - 1 cup
· Cumin seeds - 1 ½ tsp
· Curry leaves - handful
· Pepper - 1 tsp
· Red chilly - 6 to 7
· Hing - a generous pinch
· Salt as needed
1. Dry roast toor dal in medium flame.
2. Once it turns golden brown, add cumin seeds, curry leaves, pepper corns, red chillies and hing.
3. Fry for few more minutes.
4. Remove from flame.
5. Spread it in a plate and allow to cool.
6. In the same pan, dry roast fried gram and garlic separately.
7. Dry roast for 3 to 4 mins in low flame.
8. Allow to cool completely.
9. Add all the ingredients to mixer.
10.Grind everything together coarsely, by adding salt as you need.
11.Delicious Homemade Paruppu Podi is ready to enjoy with hot steaming rice & a little ghee.
12.Store it in an air-tight container. It has shelf life for 1 to 2 months..!!