Pineapple Kesari / Wish you all a very happy New Year :
Wish you all a very happy New Year : Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Hello Friends, Another year of success and happiness has passed. With every new year, comes greater challenges and experiences in life. May the year ahead brings you good luck, fortune, success and lots of love..!
Happy New year to you and your loves ones..:)
Today I’m going to share with you an awesome recipe – Pineapple Kesari.
It is a simple South-Indian desset mainly prepared during festive and special occasions. Fresh Pineapple chunks are used for this recipe. You can also use canned pineapple along with the juice.
This is how we prepare this yummy sweet…Enjoy..!
·Pineapple chopped - 1 cup
·Saffron strands - a few
·Milk - 2 to 3 tbsp
·Ghee - 4 to 5 tbsp
·Cashewnuts - 8 to 10
·Rawa - 1 cup
·Sugar - ¾ cup
·Cardamom pwd - a generous pinch
1. Core the pineapple and slice them into small chunks and keep it ready.
2. Soak saffron strands in 2 tbsp of warm milk.
3. Heat a non-stick tawa
4. Add ghee and fry cashew nuts to golden.
5. Remove the nuts from the tawa retaining the ghee.
6. Add rawa to the ghee and roast in low medium flame.
7. Continue stirring until turns light golden brown color.
8. Now add hot water to the rawa little by little and mix well without lumps.
9. Add the sugar , soaked saffron strands along with milk, cardamom pwd, a pinch of salt ( to activate the sweet flavor ) and mix well.
10. Let it cook for few minutes or until the water slightly disappears turning to a thick mass.
11. Now add the roasted cashew nuts and slowly add ghee as you stir.
12. Now you add pineapple chunks and cook for a minute.
13. Mix well. The consistency will slowly turn soft and melty.
14. Serve hot kesari and enjoy..:)
Wishing you all the happiness, health & prosperity always… Happy 2013..!