How to make Spicy Mutton Curry / Punjabi Mutton Curry / Easy Step by Step Recipe
Punjabi Mutton Curry: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
This Mutton Curry is a great Punjabi dish, that is prepared with finest blend of spices. It’s a mouth-watering earthy dish with a hot and spicy flavor and makes you feel like you had a hearty meal..!
It combines excellent with chapatis, rotis , parathas, biryani or with plain white rice..!!
Here we go with the spicy and very very tasty Punjabi Style Mutton Curry recipe....Hope you all like this..:)
· Mutton pieces - 250 g
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Ghee - 2 tbsp
· Cardamom - 2
· Cloves - 4 to 5
· Black Pepper corns - 1 tbsp
· Cinnamon - 2
· Bay leaves - 1 or 2
· Onion - 2
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 ½ tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 to 1 ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 ½ tsp
· Tomato - 2
· Yoghurt - ½ cup
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Clean and wash mutton pieces.
2. Drain water and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil and ghee in a fry pan.
4. Add cardamom, cloves, black pepper corns, cinnamons and bay leaves.
5. Sauté for a minute.
6. Add finely chopped onion and salt.
7. Sauté till the onion turns light brown.
8. Add ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell disappears.
9. Now add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd and coriander pwd.
10. Combine well and add mashed tomatoes.
11. Cook until the tomatoes turn pulpy and oil separates out from the masala.
12. Add the mutton pieces and mix well.
13. Cook in medium flame for 4 to 5 mins, stirring once in a while.
14. Add yoghurt and mix well.
15. Cook further for 4 to 5 more minutes.
16. Now add 2 cups of water. Stir well.
17. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings.
18. Add freshly chopped coriander leaves.
19. Add garam masala pwd and mix well.
20. Transfer the masala into the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles and simmer for 10 to 12 mins. ( the mutton should be cooked to tender and juicy)
21. Once the pressure turns off, combine gently.
22. Lipsmacking Punjabi Mutton Masala is ready..!
23. Serve hot with any Indian Breads like Chapathi, Roti, Paratha or with hot rice..!!
· If you don’t like the curry to be too much spicy, reduce the amount of red chilly pwd and pepper corns, you are adding.
· If you don’t have pressure cooker, you can also cook mutton in a non-stick pan with tight lid.