How to make Pudina Rice / Mint Rice / Pulav / Step by Step Recipe:
Like us on Youtube for Video Recipes
Mint / Pudina rice:
Pudina Rice is a delicious, aromatic & immensely flavorful rice dish..!!
This is one of our family favorite variety rice dish. It is very easy to prepare and yummy to eat. Also, it makes a healthy lunch box menu, as the mint leaves contain a number of vitamins and minerals..!!
To prepare this South-Indian style recipe, we need only a handful of ingredients. The fresh sprigs of Mint or Pudina leaves are ground to masala paste and mixed with the cooked rice, which helps in retaining the fresh aroma of mint leaves and also the healthy eye-catchy color.
Try this delicious mouth-watering recipe and enjoy the special Mint flavor of the pulav..:)
· Pudina / Mint leaves - 1 bunch
· Rice - 1 ½ cup
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Ghee - 1 to 2 tbsp
· Cashew nuts - 4 to 5
· Biryani leaves - 2
· Cinnamons - 2
· Onion - 1
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Lemon juice - 1 tsp
1. Wash and chop mint leaves to fine pieces.
2. Wash the rice and pressure cook it.
3. Spread the cooked rice in a plate and allow to cool to separate grains.
4. In a mixer, add mint leaves and green chilly.
5. Add little water and grind it to coarse paste.
6. Pour ghee in a wok / kadai and heat it in medium flame.
7. Add cashew nuts, biryani leaves, cinnamons and sauté for a minute.
8. Add finely chopped onion and fry till transculent.
9. Add pudina paste, ginger garlic paste, salt and red chilly pwd.
10.Fry them all together in low flame for 4 to 5 mins.
11.Now add this mixture to the cooked rice in wide bowl.
12.Add lemon juice to it and fluff gently.
13.Tasty Pudina / Mint Rice is ready.
14.It tastes delicious with any of your favorite chips, curries or with chutney.
15.We enjoyed this healthy rice with Bittergourd Chips..:)