How to make Cake / Recipe for Basic Sponge Cake / Easy Cake recipe for Beginners:
Easy Sponge Cake Recipe: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
A Sponge cake is a deliciously moist, tender and has a spongy texture. It will go down a great treat with young and adults alike.
In this scratch recipe, the cake is made by beating the eggs with sugar, until they are light and creamy.
Sponge Cake can be eaten plain or served with jam, cream and berries.
Here is the easy to make, classic cake recipe, which is sure to become your favorite too..:)
· Eggs - 4
· Sugar - 1 cup
· Maida / All purpose flour - 1 cup
· Melted butter - 1 to 2 tbsp
· Vanilla Essense - 1 tsp
· Baking pwd - ½ tsp
1. Measure the all purpose flour, sieve it and keep aside.
2. In two bowls, separate egg whites from egg yolks.
3. Beat the egg yolks well to combine.
4. Add sugar to it.
5. Whisk till the sugar dissolves completely.
6. Now blend the egg whites in a food processor or electric blender.
7. Continue blending till we get a light & foamy consistency. ( approx 4 to 5 mins )
8. Transfer it to a bowl.
9. Add egg yolk – sugar mixture and stir gently.
10. Add melted butter and vanilla essence.
11. Combine well.
12. Add maida flour and baking pwd to the mixture.
13. Fold in the contents with a spatula with light cutting, downward, upward and outward stokes gently.
14. Now the cake batter is ready.
15. Grease the base and sides of the cake tin with butter and sprinkle some all purpose flour over it.
16. Transfer the cake mixture into the tin.
17. Pre-heat the oven at 170 degree celcius for 10 mins.
18. Place the tin in the pre-heated oven.
19. Bake the cake for about 20 to 25 mins.
20. Remove from oven.
21. Insert a skewer or sharp knife in the centre of the cake, if it comes out clean, the cake is done.
22. You can see the cake has got nice brown upper layer.
23. Keep it in a wire rack for 30 mins to cool down
24. Then turn out and cool completely.
25. Delicious Sponge cake is ready to relish..!
Cakes are closer to being done, when we start to smell them.