Grilled Tandoori Chicken:
Tandoori Chicken is one of the most favored Starters in any Indian restaurant. It make a lipsmacking starter for all chicken lovers.
It is very easy to prepare this delicious, spicy dish at home. First, the chicken is marinated with yoghurt and some spices and then cooked & grilled in microwave oven.
I love to serve this with traditional Indian accompaniments like tomato ketch-up, mint chutney, raita, basmati rice and with chill drinks.
Lets see how to prepare this popular Indian style Tandoori Chicken..:)
· Chicken leg pieces - 2
· Lemon juice - 1 tsp
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Thick yoghurt - 2 tbsp
· Tandoori chicken masala pwd - 1 tsp
· Coriander pwd - ½ tsp
· Cumin pwd - ¼ tsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
· Kasoori methi pwd - ¼ tsp
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Chat masala pwd` - ¼ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Food color - a small pinch
· Ghee / oil - 1 tbsp
· Salt to taste
1. Clean and wash the chicken pieces.
2. Make small slits , so that the marination reaches inside nicely and helps the chicken to cook more quickly.
3. To prepare the marinade, take a small bowl.
4. In that add lemon juice, salt and red chilly pwd.
5. Mix well . Add the chicken pieces, coat well in the marinade and allow to rest for 10 to 15 mins.
6. In another bowl, add thick yoghurd, tandoori chicken masala pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, cumin pwd, ginger garlic paste, kasoori methi pwd, turmeric pwd, chat masala pwd, garam masala pwd, food color and ghee. ( ghee helps the chicken to maintain its moist & tender while grilling )
7. Add little salt and mix the marination well. ( if you like spicier chicken, increase the chilly pwd )
8. Now coat the chicken in the marinade.
9. Cover and chill for at least 1 to 2 hrs.
10. ( we can also keep the marinated chicken overnight, for best taste )
11. Set the microwave oven at 180 degree celcius and start to pre heat oven.
12. Put the marinated chicken on the tray and place it in the hot oven.
13. Cook the chicken for 15 mins.
14. Spoon some melted butter on the tandoori chicken and grill further for 3 to 5 minutes or until charred.
15. Remove from oven.
16. We can see the chicken is cooked soft & tender with juicy inside.
17. Sprinkle chat masala and lemon juice.
18. Enjoy hot with onion, cilantro, lemon wedges garnishing.