Urad Dal Ladoo:
Urad Dal Ladoo is a very popular delicacy, which is relished during festive season. This sweet is much beloved coz of its unique tongue-tickling taste and nutritional value. It is high in protein and is very good for women.
In this recipe, the roasted urad dal is ground into super fine sand like pwd and mixed with sugar & pure ghee. Then the mixture is shaped into round balls.
These are often prepared for special occasions like Diwali festival, Baby showers etc.
Make this wholesome healthy snack today by following this easy recipe..:)
· Urad dal - 1 cup
· Sugar - 1 cup
· Ghee - 3 to 4 tbsp
· Cashews chopped - 2 tbsp
· Almonds chopped - 2 tbsp
· Pistachios chopped - 1 tbsp
· Raisins - 2 tbsp
· Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
1. Clean the Urad dal and dry roast it in a skillet / pan till they turn very light golden brown in color.
2. Allow to cool.
3. Grind the roasted Dal in a mixer.
4. Sieve the grounded Urad Dal flour, so that all the thick particles are left behind.
5. The texture of the flour should be like fine sand .
6. Grind sugar in the mixer to smooth pwd and keep it aside.
7. Roast cashew, almond and pistachios to golden and reserve.
8. Take Urad dal flour in a wide bowl.
9. Add powdered sugar to it.
10. Add the roasted nuts, raisins and cardamom pwd.
11. Mix all ingredients well.
12. Add warm ghee and combine.
13. The mixture to make Ladoos is ready.
14. Take a small portion of mixture in your hands and press it to give it a small round ball shape.
15. Repeat the same for the rest of the mixture.
16. Healthy & yummy Urad Dal Ladoos are ready.