Coriander Chicken / Hariyali Murgh / Green Coriander Chicken Curry:
Coriander Chicken: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Coriander Chicken is a mild and delicious, Indian-influenced Chicken dish. The star ingedient of this recipe is coriander / cilantro leaves.
In this recipe, the boneless chicken is cooked with freshly prepared coriander & mint leaves sauce and it is very quick to prepare. It tastes fabulous, and makes an awesome combo with white rice or with roti.
This is how we prepare this mild Indian dish with lots of flavor..:)
· Boneless chicken - ½ kg
· Mint leaves - ¼ cup
· Coriander leaves - 1 cup
· Green chilly - 3 or 4
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Cashew nuts - 5 to 7
· Grated coconut - 3 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Yoghurt - ¼ cup
· Salt to taste
1. Chop boneless chicken to bite-sized pieces.
2. Chop mint leaves and coriander leaves .
3. In a blender add mint & coriander leaves, green chilly, little water and blend it to fine paste.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Add cumin seeds. crushed coriander seeds and sauté for a minute.
6. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté further.
7. Make a paste of cashew nuts and grated coconut pieces. Keep it aside.
8. Add turmeric pwd to the pan , mix well.
9. Now add the coriander paste and combine.
10. Cook the mixture, approx 5 mins in low medium flame or till slightly oil oozes out.
11. Add salt and chicken pieces.
12. Give a good stir until the chicken pieces are well coated with the green masala.
13. Add yoghurt, mix and cook covered.
14. After 5 mins, open the lid and stir to ensure, the masala doesn’t sticks to the bottom.
15. If required add ½ cup of water and cook until the chicken is done.
16. once the chicken is cooked perfectly, add the cashew paste ( step 7 )
17. Mix it and allow to boil , until the initial bubles appear.
18. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings.
19. Turn off flame.
20. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
This creamy chicken curry tastes awesome with plain white rice or as a side dish with roti, chapathi etc.,
21. Delicious Coriander Chicken with aromatic flavor is ready.