Peanut Sundal / Groundnut Sundal / Navrathri Sundal Recipe:
Peanut Sundal :
Peanut Sundal is one of the healthy and finger-licking sundal recipe, prepared during this 9 days of Hindu festival Navrathri..!
It is a simple and delicious treat with a combo of boiled peanuts, spice pwd and coconut.
It makes a low fat spicy snack and tastes irresistible with a hot cuppa coffee or chai in the evening…:)
Try this easy peasy recipe and enjoy..!!
· Peanuts ( Verkadalai ) - 1 cup
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Hing - a pinch
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Urad dal - ½ tsp
· Cumin - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly - 1
· Curry leaves - 6 to 8
· Grated coconut - 1 tbsp
· Lemon juice - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh cilantro leaves
For Spice Pwd:
·Chana dal ( kadalai paruppu) - 1 tsp
·Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
·Red chilly - 1
·Scraped coconut - 1 tbsp
1. Soak Peanuts for 30 mins. ( if you have fresh peanuts , with outer coat, boil them without soaking )
2. Cook till tender with required water and salt in a pressure cooker.
3. Strain the peanuts and keep aside.
4. Dry roast the ingredients given above for spice pwd.
5. Allow to cool and pwd it.
6. Heat oil in a kadai.
7. Season with hing, mustard, urad dal, cumin, curry leaves and red chilly.
8. When they splutter, add the peanuts and sauté in low flame for 2 to 3 mins.
9. Add the freshly prepared spice pwd. Sauté well.
10. Turn off heat and add the grated coconut.
11.Add few drops of lemon juice and freshly chopped cilantro leaves.
13.Serve it with a meal or as an evening snack.
14. Enjoy the healthy & yummy taste of Peanut Sundal.
Click Here to view the other delicious Sundal recipes..!!