Moong Dal Sundal / Pasiparuppu Sundal / Navaratri Sundal Recipes:
" Navrathri " or " Dassara Festival " is round the corner. It is a colourful festival, which is celebrated continuously for nine days. A variety of special dishes are made and served as Neivedyam for pooja during this festival.
Amongst the Navratri special recipes, Sundal makes a prime recipe. Varieties of sundal are prepared and served during this festival.
Today, I prepared Moongdal Sundal, which is a healthy & easy to prepare snack..:)
Unlike other varieties of protein ( lentils) , moong dal gets cooked very easily, so no need to soak for long hours.
And it makes an excellent snack for kids as well as mid day snack for those who are on diet. It is a good source of high levels of protein and contain only very less fat calories.
Try this very delicious &.yummy moong dal sundal recipe, that tickles our taste buds and leave us craving for more..:)
· Yellow Moong Dal ( Pasiparuppu) - ½ cup
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ¼ tsp
· Split urad dal - ½ tsp
· Green chilly - 1
· Grated ginger - ½ tsp
· Coconut shreds - 2 tbsp
· Lemon juice - ½ tsp
· Fresh curry & coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
1. Toss moong dal in a fry pan in low heat, till it changes to golden brown in color.
2. Add 1 ½ cup of water, turmeric pwd, salt and cook it.
3. Keep the flame in medium and stir it once in a while.
4. Take care the moong dal doesn’t get stick to the bottom of the pan.
5. If required add some more hot water to it and cook till the moong dal is cooked soft.
6. At the same time, it is important not to overcook , as moong tends to get mushy.
7. In a kadai, add oil and heat it.
8. Season with mustard, cumin , split urad dal and curry leaves.
9. Add chopped green chilly and ginger.
10. Carefully mix in the ingredients and flavorings with a ladle. Too much handling may break the moong grains..
11. Turn off flame.
12. Add fine coconut shreds and lemon juice.
13. Combine gently.
14. Garnisih with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
15. Enjoy the yummy & healthy taste of Moong Dal Sundal ..:)