Masala Vada / Crispy Masal Vadai Recipe
Crispy Masala Vada: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Today’s post is Masala Vada – hot favorite !! This delicious & crispy vadas are one of the most popular & tempting deep fried snack of South India. It is prepared on festival days and special occasions.
The secret of a crunchy and yummy masala vada is the flavor of the cinnamon and finely chopped onions added to it.
It makes a delicious combo when served with any chutneys or dips...!!
I love to have with my piping hot cuppa coffee...:)
Try this tempting recipe, sure you’ll love it..:)
· Chana dal - 1 ½ cups
· Cinnamon - 2 to 3 sticks
· Red chilly - 1 or 2
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Saunf - ½ tsp
· Curry & coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
· Green chilly chopped - 1 tsp
· Onion - 1
· Besan flour - 1 tsp
· Oil to fry
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak chana dal for atleast 4 hours.
2. Drain the water completely and set aside the dry chana dal.
3. In a mixer, add cinnamon, red chilly, saunf and cumin seeds.
Grind it to coarse pwd.
Now add chana dal to the mixer.
4. Grind it to coarse batter.
5. Add chopped coriander, curry leaves, green chilly & onion slices.
6. Add besan flour, salt and combine well just sprinkling a tsp or two of water.
7. Keep the mixture aside for 5 minutes.
8. Heat oil in a kadai / frypan.
9. Now take a small lemon sized ball out of it.
10. Pat it flat to vada shape.
11. Drop them gently into hot oil.
12. Deep fry them till it turns golden brown and crisp all around.
13. Remove and keep aside in kitchen towel to remove excess oil.