Popcorn Chicken :
The golden, crunchy, bite sized popcorn chicken is one among the popular & hot favorite of all non-veg lovers. This makes a great appetizer and sure a party hit menu..!!
This flavorful snack can be prepared at home and its well worth the little extra effort. We got nice and crispy bits of popcorn chicken by following this yummy recipe.
In this recipe, the chicken chunks are seasoned with flour mixture, double breaded and then fried in the deep fryer.
Kids love this snack & is a fun way to please you picky kids.!
Make your own homemade Popcorn Chicken with this easy recipe & Enjoy..!!
·Boneless chicken - 300 g
·Egg - 1
·Milk - ½ cup
·Maida / All purpose flour - 1 cup
·Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
·Onion pwd - ¾ tsp
·Garlic pwd - ½ tsp
·Paprika - ½ tsp
·Sugar - ¼ tsp
·Baking pwd - a pinch
·Bread crumbs - 1 ½ cup
·Oil for deep frying
·Salt to taste
1. Clean and chop the boneless chicken into small chunks.
2. In a shallow bowl, beat together egg and milk.
3. In another shallow bowl, combine maida flour, salt, pepper, onion pwd, garlic pwd, paprika, sugar and baking pwd
4. Mix well.
5. In another plate, add bread crumbs.
6. Keep all the three ingredients ready.
7. Now, to start with roll each piece of chicken first in the flour mixture.
8. Then dip in the egg mixture.
9. Now roll in bread crumbs.
10. Once the chicken pieces are coated , once again repeat the process by rolling the chicken bits in the flour mixture, dipping in the egg mixture and rolling in the bread crumbs.
11. Keep all the coated chicken pieces ready to fry.
12. Heat oil in a fry pan.
13. When the oil is hot and ready, add the chicken pieces in batches.
14. Take care not to overcrowd the oil. There should be enough oil for the chicken to be completely deep fried.
15. Keep the flame in medium and deep fry the chicken pieces to golden brown.
16. Drain on paper towels.
17. Crispy & yumm Homemade Popcorn Chicken ready..!
You can see the the chicken is cooked with tender inside & awesome crispy crunchy outside texture.
18. Enjoy hot with your favorite sauce / ketchup or any dip..:)