Green Moong Dal Sundal / Pacha Payar Sundal / Navrathri Sundal Recipes:
Green Moong Dal Sundal :
Festivals are at the heart of people’s lives in India. The festival of Navrathri is celebrated with pomp and gaiety. We observe sacred occasions by festive observances and prepare lot of healthy foods for Pooja offering.
Payar Sundal is one of the delicious and delectable dish prepared for Neyveidhyam for this auspicious Navrathri Festival.
This is very healthy and easy to prepare snack. Kids love this crunchy taste.
Try this tasty recipe and enjoy..!
· Whole green moong dal - 1 ½ cup
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ¼ tsp
· Urad dal - ¼ tsp
· Hing - a pinch
· Red chilly - 1 or 2
· Curry leaves - a few
· Coconut shreds - 3 tbsp
· Lemon juice - ½ tsp
· Fresh cilantro leaves
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak green moong dal overnight.
2. Add salt and pressure cook it for just one whistle and simmer for 2 mins.
3. Take care not to mush up the dal.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Add mustard, cumin, urad dal, hing, red chilly and curry leaves.
6. When it splutters, add cooked moong dal.
7. Stir gently.
8. Add grated coconut flowers.
9. Turn off flame.
10. Add few drops of lemon juice and finely chopped coriander leaves.
Transfer it to serving plate.
11. Tasty and healthy Payar Sundal ready to relish..!
· After seasoning, you can also add finely chopped onions. It makes sundal more tasty.
· Also if you want to make sundal spicy, you can add green chilly to grated coconut and grind it to fine shreds and mix it with sundal. .
· If you want to make it more healthier, sprout the dal first and prepare the same recipe.
Check out the collection of simple and easy to make traditional Sundal recipes here..!!