Uppu Kozhukattai /Indian Savory Dumpling /Vinayagar Chathurthi Special
Uppu Kozhukattai:For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Uppu Kozhukattai / Uppu Urundai is a traditional recipe prepared for Pooja during Vinayagar Chathurthi along with the " Vella Kozhukattai & Poornam Kozhukattai. "
It is also known as modakam in Tamil & Modak in Marathi.
This delicious snack is quick & easy to prepare. And it tastes very spicy and tasty.
Below is the easiest & tastiest recipe, can be made with less ingredients..
Check out & enjoy..!
· Raw rice - 1 ½ cup
· Oil - 2 tsp
· Mustard - ½ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Split urad dal - 1 tsp
· Chana dal - 2 to 3 tsp
· Cashew nuts - 5 to 6
· Red chilly - 2 to 3
· Curry leaves - 10 to 12
· Hing - a pinch
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Wash and soak rice for 2 hours.
2. Grind it to fine paste in mixer using water as required.
4. The batter should be in the consistency of idly batter.
5. Add salt and keep the batter aside.
6. Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
7. Add mustard and the remaining ingredients to temper.
8. Sauté until it splutters and turns golden color.
9. Now add the batter to the seasoning and mix it thoroughly in low flame.
10. The batter starts thickening with continous stiriring.
11. Once it reaches dough state and leaves the sides of the pan, turn off the flame.
12. Add freshly chopped coriander leaves.
13. Allow to cool & knead to smooth dough.
14. Take small lemon size portion from the dough and make it into round dumplings.
15. Do the same with the rest of the dough.
16. Grease oil in idly mould / plate and arrange all the dumplings in it .
17. Steam cook for about 10 to 15 mins in medium heat.
18. Allow it to cool.
19. Transfer to serving plate.
It tastes super soft with irresistable spicy tasty inside.
20. Serve with any curry or chutney.