How to make Pakoda Korma / Easy Step-by-step Recipe :
Pakoda Korma: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Pakora Korma is undoubtedly one of the more popular dish of South Indian Cuisine..!!
This delicious mild curry, which is decandently creamy with smooth texture, makes a real hit party menu in any gathering or functions.
Although, the preparation seems like a complicated dish at first, with all the different spices involved, it is actually not that difficult to try & master..! Using right ingredients at correct proportion is the key of this recipe.
It goes very well with chapatti, poori, white rice , etc…
Here goes the very tasty & easy to make Pakora Korma recipe..!
A. For Pakoda:
· Bengal gram dhal / kadalai paruppu - 1 ½ cup
· Red chilly - 1 or 2
· Fennel seed - ½ tsp
· Onion - 1
· Curry & coriander leaves
· Oil to fry
· Salt to taste
B. For Korma:
· Onion big - 1
· Ginger - small piece
· Garlic - 4 to 5 pods
· Green chilly - 1
· Tomato - 2
· Cinnamon - 1
· Bay leaf - 1 or 2
· Cloves - 3 or 4
· Marathi moggu - 1
· Curry leaves - a few
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 ½ tsp
· Fresh coconut (grated ) - ½ cup
· Fennel seeds - ¼ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh cilantro leaves
A. To make Pakoda:
1. Wash and soak Bengal gram in water for about 2 hrs.
2. Drain the water completely.
3. Grind it in a mixer, to coarse thick batter by adding salt, red chilly and fennel seeds.
4. Transfer to a mixing bowl, add finely chopped onion, curry and coriander leaves.
5. Combine well to thick batter.
6. Heat enough oil in a pan.
7. Make small lemon sized balls out of the batter and drop them in batches in hot oil.
8. Deep fry these pakodas till goiden brown.
9. Drain and place the pakodas on paper towel.
B. To make Korma:
1. Heat few tsps of oil in a frypan.
2. Add chopped onion and sauté till transculent.
3. Add sliced ginger, garlic and green chilly.
4. Fry for a minute.
5. Add sliced tomatoes and cook till tomatoes are mashed.
6. Turn off flame and allow the contents to cool.
7. Grind it to smooth fine paste.
8. In the same pan, heat a tsp of oil and add the tempering spices, cinnamon, bay leaf, cloves, Marathi moggu and curry leaves.
9. Sauté until the aroma releases.
10. Add the ground paste ( step 7 ) to spices and mix well.
11. Sauté it on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
12. Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd and salt.
13. Allow the masala to cook for few minutes.
14. Meanwhile grind fresh coconut along with fennel seeds & little water to smooth paste.
15. Add this paste to the masala.
16. Combine and allow to boil.
17. Add required water to the Korma and simmer the flame. ( take care to keep the korma be little thin in consistency, as the pakodas tends to absorb )
18. Once the korma is done, add the prepared pakodas to it.
19. Allow to boil for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
20. Let the pakodas be soaked in korma for 15 to 20 minutes.
21. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro leaves..
22. Pakoda Korma is ready now.
23. Serve hot with white rice or with chapatti, roti or with fried rice or ghee rice.