How to make Garlic Chicken ? / Quick & easy recipe:
Hot & Spicy Garlic Chicken: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Garlic Chicken is a very popular Chinese dish. It tastes excellent with spicy-hot flavor, combined with a tempting aroma of garlic..!
I had prepared Garlic Chicken for weekend lunch and we simply loved it. Trust me it tasted sooo good with not too much work...!!
It goes great with roti, naan , chapatti or with rice.
Try this delicious preparation out and enjoy..:)
· Boneless chicken - 300 g
· Onion - 1
· Garlic - 10 to 12 cloves
· Spring onion greens chopped - ½ cup
· Corn flour - 2 tbsp
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
· Red chilly flakes - 2 tsp
· Food color - a pinch
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and slice boneless chicken to bite sized pieces.
2. Chop onions to fine dices.
3. Peel and chop garlic to small pieces.
4. Also slice spring onion greens to small pieces.
5. Mix corn flour in ½ cup of water and keep ready.
6. Heat oil in a pan.
7. When the oil is real hot, add the finely chopped garlic.
8. Sauté it in low flame, until the raw flavor disappears & it browns slightly. ( make sure while sautéing it, the garlic doesn’t get burnt, coz garlic is the prime ingredient of this recipe . The perfect taste lies in sautéing it to golden )
9. Add diced onion, salt and fry for 2 to 4 mins in low medium flame.
10. Add the chicken pieces and combine well.
11. Toss the pan in high flame for a minute.
12. Now add tomato ketchup, red chilly flakes, food color (optional) and mix well.
13. Add 1 cup of water and stir .
14. Cover and cook till chicken is tender, in low medium flame.
15. stir once in a while and cook completely.
We can check if chicken is cooked perfect, by inserting a fork to it.
Once the chicken is done, add the corn flour paste.
16. This helps to bind the gravy and gives a nice glossy look to the curry.
17. Allow to cook for a miunute or until the sauce starts to thicken, with stirring continuously.
18. Turn off flame and sprinkle freshly sliced spring onion greens.
19. Chicken Garlic is ready.
20. Transfer it to serving plate & enjoy the hot & spicy Garlic Chicken with roti, chapathi or naan.