How to make Garam Masala / Indian Spice Mix at home ?
Garam Masala / Indian Spice blend is an easy recipe to make at home. It is far more flavorful when homemade, than the storebought ready made packets ..!
The word " garam" means hot and " masala" means mixture. This blend of freshly ground spices adds a wonderful authentic flavor and aroma to the curry dishes added…!!
Check out the easy recipe & spice up your meal::!
· Bay leaves - 20 g
· Cloves - 20 g
· Cinnamon - 20 g
· Nutmeg - 10 g
· Javantri / Mace - 10 g
· Cardamom / Elaichi - 20 g
· Marathi moggu - 20 g
· Star anise - 10 g
1. Mix all the spices and dry roast them to slightly dark shade.
2. Take care to roast the spices in low flame, else they will get burnt.
3. Once they’re dry roasted perfectly, remove from flame and allow to cool.
4. Grind in a mixer or food processor to fine pwd.
5. Store the Garam Masala in air tight container.
6. This remains good & aromatic for few months.
· Rasam Pwd