How to make Crispy Onion Pakora at home ? / Kanda Bhajia / Step-by-Step:
Subscribe here for more Video Recipes
Crispy Onion Pakora:
Garam Garam Onion Pakora is an all-time favorite starter snack in most Indian party menu. It is also known as “Kanda Bhajia” in North India. This can be prepared in very less time & makes a mouthwatering combo with hot coffee.
Also , it makes an excellent pair up with rice varieties like sambar rice, curd rice, lemon rice etc.
The trick to making crisp onion pakora is to refrain from adding any water, while preparing the mixture. The water released by the onions after applying salt is enough to bind the ingredients together.
Try this and enjoy the crispy and very tasty onion pakoda recipe..:)
· Onion - 2
· Besan / gram flour - 1 small cup
· Rice flour - 1 small cup
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Curry leaves - handful
· Coriander leaves - handful
· Ghee or butter - 1 tsp
· Crushed garlic pods - 3 to 4
· Salt to taste
· Oil to fryMethod:
1. Peel the skin of onion, and slice them to fine pieces.
2. Take a mixing bowl, add the sliced onions to it.
3. Add besan ( gram flour ) and rice flour to it.
4. Add finely chopped green chilly, curry leaves, coriander leaves, ghee or butter and crushed garlic pods.
Add salt, hing and red chilly pwd.
5. Combine well without adding any water.
6. keep it aside for 15 to 20 mins.
7. Now you can see the onions have let out moisture that is enough for binding the ingredients together.
8. Knead the batter gently
9. Heat oil in a frypan.
10. Drop the mixture in batches to hot oil.
11. Keep the flame in low medium and deep fry to golden with stirring once in a while.
12. Try not to overcrowd the oil, coz it will result in greasy pakoras.
13. When the pakoras turn crispy & cooked, remove from oil.
14. Drain it in kitchen tissue.
15. Repeat the same for the rest of the mixture.
16. Now delicious homemade crispy Pakoras are ready.
17. Serve right away & enjoy.
19. Also, you can store it in an air tight container. It remains crispy & crunchy for 2 to 3 days.