Chickpeas Sundal / Chole ( Kondakadalai ) Sundal / Vinayagar Chaturthi Special Recipe
Chole Sundal is a delicious recipe, made especially during Vinayagar Chaturthi festival, as prasadam. It is a guilt free, protein rich & tasty snack, in which Chole is loaded with spice powders.
In this recipe, the chickpeas are soaked & cooked till soft. Then it is seasoned with mustard, red chilly, cumin and coconut.
It makes a spicy & delicious combo with evening cup of hot chai too..:)
· Chick pea - 1 cup
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ¼ tsp
· Hing - a pinch
· Split urad dal - ½ tsp
· Red chilly - 1
· Curry leaves - a few
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Red chilly flakes - ½ tsp
· Grated coconut - 3 tbsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Wash chickpeas and soak in water for 4 to 5 hrs.
2. Cook it with enough water after adding few drops of oil and ¼ tsp salt.
3. Once it is done, filter the water and keep the cooked Chole aside. ( this filtered water, can be used in curry or any dishes, as it has nutrients)
4. Heat a pan with oil.
5. Do the seasoning with mustard, cumin, hing, split urad dal, red chilly and curry leaves.
6. Add coriander pwd, turmeric pwd, cumin pwd, red chilly flakes and salt. ( add little salt, as we have added salt while boiling Chole )
7. Mix well.
8. Add cooked Chickpeas.
Combine well in medium flame.
Add grated coconut flowers.
9. Mix well and fry for few seconds.
10. Remove from flame and serve hot with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
11. It makes a healthy combo with rice or can be served as snack with tea.