Stuffed Milagai Bajji / Mirchi Bajji / Stuffed Mirchi Fritters :
Stuffed Milagai Bajji For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Stuffed Milaga Bajji's are quite famous street food of South India..! It is a deeply fried crispy snack recipe. I fondly remember the awesome moments, that we tasted the spicy Bajjis with a combo of piping hot coffee on rainy evenings.
In this easy recipe, the long green chillies are stuffed , coated with besan flour mixture and deep fried in hot oil until crisp. The batter consistency is very important for preparing nice , crispy Bajji’s..
Tingle your taste buds with this traditional & mouthwatering Stuffed Milagai Bajji recipe..:)
A. For Stuffing:
· Bajji Milagai / Italian Peppers - 6 or 7
· Potatoes - 2
· Green chilly - 1
· Coriander leaves - handful
· Red chilly pwd - ½ to 1 tsp
· Coriander pwd - ¾ tsp
· Hing - a pinch
· Chat masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Saunf pwd - ¼ tsp
· Salt to taste
B. To prepare Bajji Batter
· Besan flour - 1 cup
· Rice flour - ¼ cup
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Baking soda - a pinch
· Salt to taste
· Oil to fry
A. To prepare the Stuffing:
1. Pressure cook the potatoes, till soft.
2. Peel the skin & mash the potatoes finely in a bowl.
3. Add sliced green chillies and fresh coriander leaves
4. Now add red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, hing, salt , chaat masala pwd & saunf pwd,
5. Mix it well & keep aside.
6. Spicy stuffing is ready..!
B. To prepare the Bajji batter:
1. In a bowl, add besan flour, rice flour, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd. baking soda & salt.
2. Sprinkle water and make a thick bajji batter. ( The batter consistency should be thick like idly batter ).
3. In a fry pan, add oil and heat it.
4. Now, make a slit lengthwise in all the Peppers / Milagai.
5. Stuff the above besan mixture inside and close it.
6. Dip the stuffed peppers into the batter.
7. Deep fry it in hot oil.
8. Keep the flame in low medium and cook the bajji , until it attains nice brown color on both sides.
9. Drain and keep aside in a kitchen tissue.
Delicious Milagai Bajji's are ready..
10. Serve hot with green chutney & tomato ketchup
11. It makes a lipsmacking combo with piping hot coffee or chai in a rainy evening too..:)