Masala Pori ( Spicy Puffed Rice ) / Step by Step
Masala Pori : For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Colorful Masala Pori is one of the easy & tasty snack , that is prepared commonly in many houses..!
This is my hubby’s favorite snack & I love to prepare it often ..:)) It makes a lipsmacking combo with hot cup of coffee.
Yesterday evening, it was raining outside & I prepared this tasty snack to munch on. It was really a delicious treat for tastebuds, to enjoy every mouthful, enjoying the chill drizzles outside..:)
The recipe is very simple & quick to make at home. The garlic added enhances the flavor of the masala giving extra crunchy taste.
Here is the all time quick & attractive Masala Pori recipe..enjoy..:)
· Pori / Puffed rice - 4 to 5 cups
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ¼ tsp
· Split urad dal - ½ tsp
· Red chilly - 2 or 3
· Curry leaves - 10 to 15
· Peanuts - 1 small cup
· Garlic pods - 3 to 4 cloves
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Salt - ¼ tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Add mustard, cumin & split urad dal.
3. Wait to splutter.
4. Add red chilly and sauté for a minute.
5. Add fresh curry leaves, peanuts and sauté , till it is roasted in low flame.
6. Peel and crush garlic and add to the pan.
7. Fry well.
8. Add turmeric pwd and mix well in low flame. ( As pori has salt in it , I haven’t added salt. If needed we can add ¼ tsp salt to added taste )
9. Turn off gas.
10. Add crisp pori and mix for few minutes in the same pan to make pori more crisp.
11. Allow to cool and store it in air tight container.
12. Spicy & crispy Masala Pori is ready.
13. Enjoy crunchy munchy Masala Pori with hot cuppa coffee or chai..:)