Aloo Gobi / Easy Stepwise Recipe
Aloo Gobi: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Aloo Gobi is a very popular North Indian vegetarian dish. This is a dry version and it makes a winning combination with rotis, naan, paratha or puris.
This delicious main dish is made with potatoes, cauliflower & cooked in an enticingly fragrant blend of spices.
Make this authentic Indian dish at your home with this simple, tasty recipe & enjoy..:)
· Onion sliced - 1 cup
· Tomato sliced - ¾ cup
· Green chilly sliced - 1 to 2 tsp
· Potato - 2
· Cauliflower - 1 small flower
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Hing - a pinch
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Kasthoori methi - ½ tsp
· Amchur pwd - ½ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Coriander leaves
1. Slice onion, tomato, green chilly to fine pieces
2. Boil and cube potatoes and keep ready.
3. Slice cauliflower to fine shreds.
4. Cook it covered in a pan, by sprinkling little water and keep ready.
5. Add oil to the pan and heat it.
6. Add cumin pwd , hing, sauté for few seconds.
7. Add ginger garlic paste and fry further.
8. Mash onion, tomato and green chilly coarsely.
9. Add this paste to the pan and sauté for 5 mins in medium low flame.
Fry till oil separates out of masala.
10. Add turmeric pwd, coriander pwd, red chilly pwd, salt, kasthoori methi pwd and amchur pwd.
11. Sauté well in low flame for 2 to 3 mins.
12. Now add boiled and cubed potatoes.
13. Combine well in the masala.
14. Add cooked cauliflower and mix gently.
15. Take care not to smash the cauliflower florets.
16. Cook it covered for 2 minutes in simmer.
17. Sprinkle garam masala pwd and turn off flame.
18. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
19. Tasty & healthy Aloo Gobi ready.