How to make Ginger Garlic Paste at home:
Homemade Ginger Garlic Paste Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Ginger garlic paste is one of ubiquitos ingredient of Indian cuisine..!!!
It is used to add flavor and zing to a variety of curries, gravies & sabzis. Also this paste plays major role in most of the non-vegetarian recipes.
It is a big time saver in kitchen to have ginger garlic paste on hand and ready to use. Its really tedious & time consuming to make it every time we cook.
At times, we find the store bought ginger garlic paste tastes sour, lacking flavor with lot of preservatives added to it. Making our own ginger garlic paste at home is absolutely easy. We can prepare this paste ahead of time & store it in refrigerator...!
Try this quick & simple recipe to make your own ginger garlic paste at home.:)
· Ginger chopped - 1 cup
· Garlic peeled - 1 cup
· Cooking oil - 1/3 cup
· Salt - 1 tsp
1. Wash and peel the skin of ginger completely.
2. Slice them to small pieces.
3. Remove the skin of garlic and reserve.
4. In a small pan, heat cooking oil until it’s almost smoking.
5. Turn off flame and allow to cool.
6. In a blender, add chopped ginger, garlic and salt.
7. Grind it to fine smooth paste.
8. Add the cooled oil and continue the grinding process.
9. Stop the grinding process and push down the sides occasionally.
10. The oil will emulsify and turn the paste white.
11. Store it in an air tight plastic or glass jar.
12. It has a shelf life of over 2 months, when stored in refrigerator...!