Doodh Pedas are one of the most rich, delicious and classic Indian sweet recipe. It has a smooth & silky texture and it just melts in the mouth.
Last week was my birthday and I attempted to make some pedas for b’day party favors. Even though I love milk sweets, this was the first time, I stepped foot into it & I was so very excited, it turned out scrumptious & tasty...:))
Here’s the easy & quick dessert recipe for you to try & enjoy..:)
- · Homemade Paneer - 1 big cup
- ( click here to see homemade paneer recipe )
- · Milk pwd - 1/3 cup
- · Milk - 1 small cup
- · Unsalted butter - 50 g
- · Sugar - 1 cup
- · Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
- · Pistachios - for garnishing
1. Melt butter in a non-stick pan.
2. Add milk to it.
3. Stir well and allow to boil.
4. Add milk pwd and combine.
5. Now add paneer and mix it together.
6. In medium flame, allow the mixture to cook with continous stirring.
7. Take care the mixture doesn’t get burnt in the bottom.
8. Simmer the flame and stir well, until the mixture thickens.
9. After 10 to 12 mins, the mixture starts leaving the sides.
10. Once we get the texture of soft dough, remove from flame.
11. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
12. Once the mixture is slightly warm, add sugar and cardamom pwd.
13. Knead the mixture to smooth dough. ( the sugar melts and combines to form grainy texture )
14. Make small balls out of it and flatten it.
15. Repeat the same for all Pedas.
16. Garnish with sliced pistachios on top, when they're moist & soft.
Keep it aside for sometime approx 20 mins.
17. Yummy homemade Milk Pedas are ready to enjoy..:)