Chole Bhature / Punjabi Bhature Recipe / step by step
Chole Bhature: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Chole Bhature is one of the mouth-watering, spicy, exotic dish from Punjabi Cuisine. The crispy puffed Bhatura makes an excellent combo with hot & spicy Chole / Chickpeas curry.
This dish is available in almost all Indian restaurants & also on street vendors..!!
Preparing at home in a healthier & less-oily method is quite simple too..!
So go ahead and enjoy the easy-peasy recipe of popular Chhole Bhature..:)
- Maida/ All purpose flour - 2 cups
- Rava / Sooji - ¼ cup
- Baking pwd - ¼ tsp
- Sugar - ½ tsp
- Yoghurt - ½ cup
- Salt - to taste B.For Chhole Masala:
- Chana / Chole - 1 cup
- Oil - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Bay leaf - 1 or 2
- Cinnamon - 1
- Onion - 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Tomato mashed - 1 cup
- Chhole masala pwd - 1 ½ tbsp
- Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
A.To make Bhatura:
- Take maida flour in a mixing bowl
- Add sooji to it.
- Add baking pwd, sugar and salt. Combine well.
- Add yoghurt and mix well.
- Knead to smooth dough.
- Cover it with damp cloth and allow to rest for 3 to 4 hrs.
- After the resting time, you can see the dough is more soft, moist and slightly rised.
- Apply little maida flour ( to avoid sticking ) to hands and knead well.
- Divide the dough to equal sized balls.
- Roll it to big sized poori.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed wok.
- Gently drop the rolled poori in hot oil.
- Wait till it puffs up and flip it to other side.
- Deep fry until it turs golden & crisp on both sides.
B.To Make Chhole Masala:
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker;
2. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf & cinnamon stick.
3. Sauté till it crackles.
4. Add finely chopped onion and cook till its golden brown.
5. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
6. Add mashed tomatoes and cook for two minutes.
7. Now add chhole masala pwd and stir well.
8. Add red chilly pwd and salt.
9. Cover and cook in low medium flame for 6 to 7 mins.
10. You can see the oil separates out from the gravy.
11. Now add the soaked chana / chickpeas.
12. Mix it very well.
13. Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 6 to 7 whistle or till the chana is cooked tender.
14. Spicy and thick Chhole Masala is ready.
15. Squeeze few drops of lemon juice and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro leaves.
16. Serve hot with fried crispy Bhature.
Similar Recipes :