Chilli Idly / Idly Manchurian / Stepwise recipe
Chilli Idly Or Idly Manchurian: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Chilly Idly is a tasty, soooper tempting dish..!! This healthy recipe is very easy & quick to prepare, if we have left over idlis or fresh idlis.
Recently, we tasted this in a restaurant. The taste was too good with the rich flavor of garlic & the hotness of red chilly, that I couldn’t resist to try it at home.!
When I googled for the recipe, I came across this interesting and innovative recipe...& It came out absolutely lipsmacking..:-)
Check out the easy & yummy recipe of Chilly Idly..:)
· Idlies - 5 or 6
· Maida flour - 1 ½ tbsp
· Corn flour - 1 ½ tbsp
· Saffron food color - a pinch
· Onion - 1
· Tomato - 1
· Ginger - small piece
· Garlic - 3 to 4
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Coriander pwd - ½ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Oil to fry
· Salt as needed
· Onion sliced - 2 to 3 tbsp
· Capsicum sliced - 3 tbsp
· Garlic sliced - 1 tsp
· Green chilly sliced - ½ tsp
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Salt - a pinch
1. In a small bowl, add maida, ½ tsp salt & corn flour.
2. To it add a pinch of saffron food color.
3. Add water and make it to thick paste.
4. Keep it aside.
5. In a pan, fry onion, tomato, ginger, garlic and allow to cool.
6. Grind it to fine paste.
7. Add red chilly pwd, ½ tsp salt, coriander pwd and garam masala pwd to it.
8. Combine well and set aside.
9. Chop onion, capsicum, green chilly, garlic to small pieces.
10.In a pan, add a tsp of oil & heat it.
11.Add the chopped ingredients and sauté them for a minute, by adding a pinch of salt.
12.Take it aside in a plate.
13.Prepare hot soft idlies and slice it to fine pieces.
14.Coat the sliced idly piece in flour paste ( step 4 )
15.Heat oil in a frypan.
16.Gently drop the coated idly pieces in hot oil.
17.Keep flame in medium and fry them till crisp (approx 1 to 2 mins)
18.Drain and reserve in kitchen tissue.
19.Take a small pan and heat it.
20.Add the tomato onion paste ( step 8 )
21.Sauté for few seconds.
22.Add the fried onion, capsicum, green chilly & garlic. ( step 12 )
23. Give a quick stir.
24. Add the fried Idlies.
25. Mix it gently and turn off flame.
26.Transfer to a serving plate & garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
27.Lipsmacking chilly Idly is ready to enjoy with tomato ketchup or any other dip..!