Samosa/Crispy Onion Samosa /Step By Step Recipe
Onion Samosa : Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
This wonderfully crispy snack does not need any introduction coz of its popularity not only in India but throughout the whole world. It is rightly called as the KING of Indian street food...!!
This spicy stuffed pastries are very easy to prepare at home & makes an irresistible combo with tomato ketchup or with Mint, Coriander chutney.
Try this mouthwatering onion samosa recipe today & you’ll like to have it everyday..:)
For Outer layer:
- All purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Ajwain / carom seeds - ½ tsp
- Baking pwd - ¼ tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onions sliced - ½ cup
- Poha / pressed rice - ½ cup
- Red chilly pwd - ½ to ¾ tsp
- Cumin pwd - ¼ tsp
- Coriander pwd - ¼ tsp
- Chaat masala pwd - ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Oil to fry
- Salt to taste
To prepare outer crispy layer:
- Take All Pupose flour & wheat flour in a mixing bowl.
- To it add cumin, ajwain seeds, baking pwd & salt.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Add ghee & oil combine well.
- Add little water at a time and knead to nice smooth dough.
- Now soft dough is ready.
- Cover it with a damp cloth & allow to rest at least for 15 to 20 mins
To prepare inner stuffing:
- Take finely sliced onions in a cup.
- Add poha to it. (poha absorbs all the moisture let out by onion, while frying & enhances the taste )
- Add red chilly pwd, cumin pwd, coriander pwd, salt & chaat masala pwd. ( also you can add finely chopped green chilly & coriander leaves )
- Add lemon juice to it & mix all the contents.
- No need to cook the onions for stuffing, on frying the onions gets cooked & turns soft.
6. Inner stuffing is ready.
To prepare Samosas:
- Unwrap the soft dough. Sprinkle little wheat flour and knead again for a minute.
- Make it to small balls.
- Dust it with wheat flour & roll it to flat disc.
- Apply some oil or ghee & flour over the surface.
- Fold it to half , again apply oil & flour.
- Fold it to make triangle.
- Now roll the triangle to flat disc shape by dusting with flour.
- This process helps to get layers in samosa.
- Now cut it two equal halves.
- Take one cut & make a folding like this.
- Make a triangle by bringing the other end together.
- Now it comes to a triangular shape.
- Seal the edges of the pastry with maida & water paste.
( My sweet lil daughter is very much willing to hold it for cliks..:) )
- Inside the cone fill the onion – poha stuffing.
- Close it with thin part first.
- Apply maida paste and seal it with the thicker part of the cone.
- Repeat the same procedure for the rest of samosas.
- Heat oil & deep fry the samosas in low medium heat.
- Flip to the other side & fry to golden and crisp.
- Drain the excess oil on tissue paper.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or Coriander chutney.
- Yummy homemade Onion Samosas are ready to taste.!